Classes & studio
With a maximum of six people in a class, it’s a small and social group and you will get the attention you need. The classes are mixed ability, so you get to see a great variety of projects on the go. Everyone chooses their own project – either I can advise on patterns to buy or from patterns and books available at the studio. Please provide your own fabric to make your project. What you can learn to make?
Take your pick!
- Sewing machine competency.
- Simple crafts such as, pin cushions, bags and cushions.
- Clothes making from bought pattens, simple garments through to advanced tailoring eveningwear.
- Alterations and upcycling.
- Fitting and pattern adaptations where possible, to suit your shape and size.
- Pattern drafting and cutting to make templates to your measurements, design and make your own patterns from scratch.
- A bright and spacious venue with large tables for working at and raised tables for cutting patterns and fabric.
- 6 sewing machines and two over-lockers available to use and a cover stitch machine for hems on stretch fabrics.
- All sewing equipment you would need if you don’t have your own, scissors, pins, chalk, needles etc.
- A small haberdashery is available selling a basic range such as thread, zips, binding, pins and needles.
- For pattern cutting, there is a roll of pattern paper, card and calico available to buy, and all drafting rulers and equipment available to use.
- A large selection of patterns to botrrow – including some vintage gems!
- A bookshelf with fashion, craft and technical source books to inspire you!
Do you want to know more about your tutor, Cathie? Have a read about her here.